Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Dottee Doll Swap

I have been making some fun little dolls for a group swap They are called Dottee dolls. Dotee Dolls were created by a woman named Dotee in Australia http://dotslifeandart.blogspot.com/2008/01/dotee-doll-fervour.html. Dottee Dolls have a loop for hanging, a tail of some sort, usually beads. They normally range from 3 to 6 inches. They usually do not have arms or legs. It is a good way to use up your scrap material and other crafty items like beads, yarn, etc. They are quick and easy to make and very addictive.



I decided to try something different with my. I always have to be different. LOL! Instead of using color or printed material, I used lace and stuffed them with colored wool. I really like the effect. I used faces I got from SpeedieBeadie Dot in a face swap a while back. They are printed on cloth, so not real heavy. I used scrap yarn for the hair, and on the tail of the second one.

Also on the tails, I used beads that I did not have a lot of so really couldn't use them for most of my jewelry I make. The blue/green and the red one have an earring on them that I lost the mates to. The purple one has a cute button.


I am really happy with them, and will probably make more although I do not know what I will do with them. I hope whoever gets these will like them. I always worry about that whenever I do a swap. Dottee dolls are very easy and quick to make. I have seen some amazing Dottees, very unique and creative. It is amazing the different ideas people come up with for them.
Remember, if you click on the pictures, it will take you to a larger version to see them better. Thanks for visiting.



4 comments:

  1. Fantastic...Love em...they are so different!!! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and different Cat, I always go for different and these are....KIII

    ReplyDelete