Thursday, March 19, 2009

Progress on Beading For A Cure Project

Well, I have been working on this every chance I have. I got the main part done and the backing glued on, and started the border beading. But I was really anxious to see what it was going to look like with the necklace part I had chosen to do. So, I started on that and will finish the border later. I am really happy with it as it reminds me of seaweed which fits in with the theme perfectly.

I got the idea from a book called Netted Beadwork by Diane Fitzgerald. The technique is called Sea Moss. I love it, and I was able to incorporate the beautiful lampwork bead into it.
There was a mishap that has upset me and I now have repair work to do. Several of the spines broke off of the seahorse. I was so careful with this and so upset when it happened. Rather then glue the spines back on, I am going to sand down the areas and re varnish it and just leave the three spines that are there. I will not sell a glued piece, so I will not do a glued piece for the auction.

I hope you all like what I have done so far. I need to finish the other half of the necklace, and do the fringe, but I am very happy with my first bead embroidered necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment